Skip to content

Support from other organisations

Return to Money worries

Independent advice from our partners

While we’re here to support you however we can, you might find it easier to talk to someone independent. We partner with PayPlan, a third party company who can offer you free, confidential debt advice. PayPlan’s specialists can find personalised solutions that suit your circumstances, so you can feel more in control of your finances.

More support for your finances

If you’re struggling financially, you don’t have to go it alone. These third party organisations are here to provide specialist advice and support whenever you need it.

The UK’s leading debt charity, StepChange provides debt management solutions designed to help you get your finances back on track. Their website also has helpful tools like benefits calculators and repayment checkers.
National Debtline provides free, confidential debt advice both over the phone and online. They can help with a range of debt problems including rent arrears and missed payments.
Providing free and impartial advice on a wide range of issues, Citizens Advice also offer dedicated support for financial problems, from debt to budgeting to coping with the cost of living crisis.

For when life takes an unexpected turn

The help and support you need is there for you if you ask for it. So, please do so. Keep Capital One up to date with any changes in personal circumstances that may affect your payments. If you’d like further support, here are just some of the many dedicated charities and organisations that can help make your life easier.

Get specialist help and support if you or a loved one is struggling with cancer. As well as general resources, Macmillan can also provide financial guidance if you’re worried about money.
Mind is a charity providing advice to anyone who’s experiencing problems with their mental health, or supporting someone who is. Find free information and resources on their website.
Alzheimer’s Society provides help for anyone who is affected by dementia, including carers and family members. Access free resources and connect with others through their online community.

Death and bereavement

If you’re dealing with a bereavement, Age UKopens in a new tab or The Samaritansopens in a new tab could give you the right support.

Age UK offers a free guide with step-by-step advice on what to do when someone dies, including how to register the death and guidance on arranging the funeral.

The Samaritans have 24/7 phone lines you can call for free if you need someone to talk to.

Separation and divorce

If you’re going through personal struggles, you can call, email or write to The Samaritansopens in a new tab 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They will listen to you without judgment.

Citizens Adviceopens in a new tab can provide advice on things like sorting out money and making agreements about your children during and after your separation.

Power of attorney

At some point, you may want to consider getting some support in managing your finances, or doing so for someone else who is vulnerable. Setting up a power attorney can allow someone to make decisions about your finances and act on your behalf.

Talking to Citizen’s Adviceopens in a new tab, a solicitor or one of the above organisations could help you arrange getting power of attorney.

Disclaimer: Capital One takes no responsibility for content that appears on websites outside of owned properties, the content is appropriate and intended to offer support at the time this article was published.